The CCPA Privacy Notice applies only to individuals residing in the State of California who are considered “Consumers” under the CCPA and from whom we collect “Personal Information” as described in the CCPA (“Consumers”).
Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of different situations, including, but not limited to on our website, your mobile device, through email, in physical locations, through the mail, and/or over the telephone. More specifically, Hy Cite collects the following categories of Personal Information from its Consumers, which will depend on the particular business purpose for which we collect it:
Examples of Personal Information Collected
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), veteran or military status.
D. Commercial information.
Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Internet or similar network activity.
Information on a consumer's interaction with a website
F. Sensory data.
G. Professional or employment-related information.
Personal information does not include deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Hy Cite obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, among other things.
- From third parties who you direct to share your information with us. For example, from Authorized Distributors who submit purchase or credit application information.
- From third parties who sell your information to us. For example, from companies who sell lead generation lists.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use, disclose or sell the Personal Information we collect from you or about you to do one or more of the following:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask us a question or inquire about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment.
- To contact you and to inform you about products, services, promotions, special offers, and/or events that may interest you.
- To inform you about products and services you have purchased from us.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- If you provide your information in the context of an employment application or your employment, we will use your information to serve those purposes.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, mobile applications, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For research, analysis, and business development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or subsequently agreed to by you.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hy Cite assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hy Cite about our Consumers is among the assets transferred.
How We Share Personal Information
Hy Cite may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose, including to our service providers or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights).
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Third parties with whom you direct us to share your personal information
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Hy Cite has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category E: Internet or similar network activity.
Category F: Sensory data
Category G: Professional or employment-related information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- To third parties you direct us to share your information with. For example, Authorized Distributors.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has sold the following categories of personal information:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
We sell your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Third party Authorized Distributors
Your Consumer Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides Consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Hy Cite disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists, disclosing sales or disclosures for a business purpose. Each list will identify the Personal Information categories purchased or obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Hy Cite delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
In accordance with the CCPA, we may deny your deletion request under certain circumstances, and will inform you of the basis for the denial. The reason for denial may include, but is not limited to, instances in which retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the Personal Information of Consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the Consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a Consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
Other California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding 2019 sharing activities). To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Changes to Our CCPA Privacy Notice
Hy Cite reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on Website and update the notice's Effective Date above. Your continued use of our Website or interaction with us through other methods following the posting of changes and/or our directing you to the updated CCPA Privacy Notice constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Hy Cite collects and uses your information described above, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: (877) 494-2289
Hy Cite Enterprises, LLC
Attn: Compliance Dept.
3252 Pleasant View Road
Middleton, WI 53562